These paleo protein bars need merely 3 components to make and require no baking! They make the proper snack between meals.
Discovering good protein bars is an issue notably when you’re looking for ones that don’t comprise refined sugar, artificial elements, dairy, and gluten.
Whereas our selfmade protein bars are on a regular basis selection, they aren’t on a regular basis acceptable for people who adjust to a paleo meals plan.
Are protein bars okay on a paleo meals plan?
It’s totally efficient to have protein bars on a paleo meals plan. Whereas not all protein bars are paleo-friendly, you’ll have the ability to undoubtedly uncover some. Chances are you’ll make paleo protein bars your self and easily administration the weather that go into them.
We love making our private on account of:
- Solely 3 components. All you need is coconut flour, protein powder, and milk!
- Made in 5 minutes. Solely 5 minutes of prep work and also you’ve received a healthful protein-rich snack to benefit from all by way of the entire week.
- Good texture. These protein bars are easy and chewy, merely as all of us like them to be.
What I like about this recipe is just how easy they’re to customize! Add mix-ins, dip them in chocolate, or mud them with powdered sugar: the chances are numerous!
This recipe requires 3 straightforward components which may be usually current in paleo recipes. Right here’s what you’ll need:
- Coconut flour. Sifted.
- Protein powder. Flavored protein powder of choice.
- Milk. I used unsweetened almond milk nonetheless any milk works.
- Nut butter. Peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter.
- Chocolate chips. Dairy-free unsweetened chocolate chips are acceptable for these on a paleo meals plan.
Simple strategies to make paleo protein bars
Start by mixing the coconut flour with protein powder. Add the nut butter when you’re using any.
Subsequent, add the dairy-free milk to the dry mixture. Pour in ¼ cup of milk at a time and mix until a thick batter is long-established.
Swap the mixture to a pan lined with parchment paper and press firmly. If using chocolate chips, add them on excessive and refrigerate them for half-hour.
As quickly as set, reduce into slices and luxuriate in.
Methods to make the proper recipe
- Drizzle with melted chocolate. Soften the dairy-free chocolate chips and drizzle over the protein bars to make them look further presentable.
- Protect the protein bars individually wrapped. While you slice your paleo-friendly protein bars, wrap them individually in parchment paper in order to grab one and go about your day every time needed.
- Regulate the amount of milk you make the most of. Counting on the mannequin of the coconut flour, you might need in order so as to add further milk to appreciate the needed consistency for the bars.
The beauty of these bars is just how easy they’re to customize. Listed below are some ideas:
- Sweeten with maple syrup. If you want the protein bars to be sweeter, add some pure maple syrup to the mixture.
- Use sunflower seed butter. In case you don’t have any nut butter at dwelling or simply don’t like them, use sunflower seed butter in its place. Be sure that it doesn’t comprise any elements that make it unsuitable for a paleo meals plan.
- Add cinnamon. In case you’re using unflavored protein powder, add some flooring cinnamon to the bar mixture to appreciate a richer style.
To retailer: Protect these paleo protein bars refrigerated. Saved in an airtight container, the bars will preserve correctly for as a lot as 7 days.
To freeze: You may additionally wrap the bars in meals wrap and freeze them for as a lot as 3 months. Allow the bars to sit down down at room temperature for spherical 10 minutes sooner than consuming.
Further protein bar recipes to try
Ceaselessly requested questions
Are Clif bars paleo-friendly?
Clif makes bars of varied varieties and flavors. Luckily, you might discover some which may be paleo-friendly. Look at the ingredient document to make sure it’s acceptable first.
Are RXBars paleo-approved?
Whereas not all RXBares are paleo-approved, numerous them are. Chocolate Coconut, Blended Berry, Apple Cinnamon, and Blueberry are a couple of of the most popular RXBar paleo-friendly flavors.
Are these low carb?
When made with a no added sugar protein powder, these bars are low carb.
Line an 8 x 8-inch baking tray with baking paper, grease it and put apart.
In a giant mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour and protein powder and mix correctly. If using the elective nut butter, add that in now.
Using a 1/4 cup at a time, add your milk of choice until a very thick batter is long-established.
Swap the batter to the lined pan and press firmly in place. Prime with elective chocolate chips and refrigerate for on the very least half-hour. Slice into bars and preserve refrigerated.
TO STORE: Protect these paleo protein bars refrigerated. Saved in an airtight container, the bars will preserve correctly for as a lot as 7 days.
TO FREEZE: You may additionally wrap the bars in meals wrap and freeze them for as a lot as 3 months. Allow the bars to sit down down at room temperature for spherical 10 minutes sooner than consuming.
Serving: 1protein bar | Power: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 4g | Vitamin A: 48IU | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 3g